Primrose Mosaics: Intermediate Glass Mosaic Workshop
Teardrop: Swindon, Wiltshire
Ideal to give as a gift experience - I can email you a voucher to print with a unique code. The recipient can then contact me later to arrange a date to use their voucher.
If you have already completed my Beginners Glass Mosaic Workshop and would like to develop your skills to plan and execute a larger, more challenging project, then this is the perfect course for you. Also suitable for those who have had previous experience cutting glass and mosaicing elsewhere.
You will be given a teardrop shaped perspex base (approx 17cm x 40cm) which will come ready cut and drilled. We will spend the whole day planning, cutting and gluing your teardrop. We will be looking at design processes (both abstract and figurative) and there will be opportunities to practise cutting more challenging glass shapes.
On the second day, we will be grouting, cleaning and attaching your teardrop to a metal pole. All the materials you use will be weather resistant, so your finished teardrop can be placed outside to brighten your garden all year round.
Cost includes all tuition, use of tools and materials.
Please bring your own lunch.
Class Size: Max 6 people.
Day 1 Tutorial- You will learn:
- To explore ways to plan and execute a more complex project: an abstract or figurative theme of your choice. (I will have plenty of ideas, examples and plans which you can use or adapt, or you can bring an idea or create your own design from scratch.)
- Tips and techniques for cutting more challenging glass shapes.
- How to edge your mosaic for a professional finish.
- To execute your design, with individual help and advice as needed.
Day 2 Tutorial – You will learn
- How to mix and apply grout and clean your piece. (alternatively, you can take the grout and instruction sheet home for a DIY approach)
- How to attach your teardrop to a predrilled metal pole.
Voucher for Garden Teardrop: Intermediate Mosaic Workshop
- Once payment is complete, the gift voucher will be sent to the email through which payment was made. This can be printed off and given to the recipient.
- The gift voucher will have a unique code and will be valid for a year.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The recipient can then contact Primrose Mosaics with the unique number to book up a course date that suits them. Course dates can be viewed on the website, via the courses tab. As vouchers are sold, more course dates will be added, so the recipient will be sure to have a choice of dates to book onto.
- The voucher can only be used once. Primrose Mosaics is not responsible if a gift voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and there is no obligation to replace it in these circumstances.
- Cancellation within 28 days of the course or workshop does not qualify for a refund, unless your place can be filled.
- A full refund will be given if Primrose Mosaics cancels the workshop.
- At our discretion, we may offer a credit note to be used for another course/workshop
If you have any more questions, do get in touch.