Primrose Mosaics: Intermediate Glass Mosaic Workshop
Choice of Flying Bug (Butterfly, Bee or Dragonfly) or Hanging Circle - Swindon, Wiltshire
Saturday 2nd November 1:30pm- 5:30pm / Sunday 3rd November 11:30am- 1:30pm
If you have already completed my Beginners Glass Mosaic Workshop, then this is your ideal next step for developing your skills to plan and execute a more challenging project. Also suitable for those who have had previous experience cutting glass and mosaicing elsewhere or who pick up craft skills quickly and are creatively confident. You can choose your project:
- 20cm circle £70
- 25cm circle £80
- butterfly on a pole £85
- bee on a pole £85
- dragonfly £90
Your perspex base will come ready cut and drilled. We will be looking at design processes and practise cutting more challenging glass shapes. If you are a beginner to glass cutting, I can also cover the basics with you. You may want to come with an idea or favourite colours in mind or wait and be inspired by the examples here on display.
Your piece will be weather resistant, so can be put outside to brighten your garden all year round, or you can of course choose to have it indoors if you prefer.
I can promise a friendly and relaxed atmosphere- the perfect opportunity to chill out doing something for yourself for a change! Whether you feel creatively confident with your own ideas or need support and inspiration, I keep the groups small so that I can offer individual 1:1 help when you need it.
Cost includes all tuition, use of tools and materials.
Class Size: Max 6 people.
Ideal to give as a gift - I can email you a voucher to print with a unique code.
Day 1 Tutorial- You will learn:
- To explore ways to plan a more complex project.
- Tips and techniques for cutting more challenging glass shapes.
- How to edge your mosaic for a professional finish.
- To execute your design, with individual help and advice as needed.
Day 2 Tutorial – You will learn
- How to mix and apply grout and clean your piece.(alternatively, you can take the grout and instruction sheet home for a DIY approach)
- How to attach your flying bug to a predrilled metal pole.
Saturday 2nd / Sunday 3rd November 2019- pm
- Once payment is complete, the gift voucher will be sent to the email through which payment was made. This can be printed off and given to the recipient.
- The gift voucher will have a unique code and will be valid for a year.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The recipient can then contact Primrose Mosaics with the unique number to book up a course date that suits them. Course dates can be viewed on the website, via the courses tab. As vouchers are sold, more course dates will be added, so the recipient will be sure to have a choice of dates to book onto.
- The voucher can only be used once. Primrose Mosaics is not responsible if a gift voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and there is no obligation to replace it in these circumstances.
- Cancellation within 28 days of the course or workshop does not qualify for a refund, unless your place can be filled.
- A full refund will be given if Primrose Mosaics cancels the workshop.
- At our discretion, we may offer a credit note to be used for another course/workshop
If you have any more questions, do get in touch.