Primrose Mosaics: Glass Mosaic Workshop
Garden Bunting - Swindon, Wiltshire
Saturday 21st March 2pm- 5:30pm / Sunday 22nd March 11:30am- 1:30pm
This workshop is suitable for any ability. It is the first time I have run this option, so am offering a reduced rate, so that we can test out timings. I am estimating you will create between 3-5 flags depending on your designs and experience. Each flag measures 16 x17cm.
If you are new to mosaics and glass cutting…no worries! I can teach you all the cutting, placing, sticking and grouting techniques you need to get started using glass to mosaic with.
And if you already have some experience, thats fine, you can get straight onto designing and creating your bunting flags.
I have examples of designs, which I can teach you step by step or you can adapt or make up your own.
Your bunting will be weather resistant, so can be put outside to brighten your garden
I can promise a friendly and relaxed atmosphere- the perfect opportunity to chill out doing something for yourself for a change! Whether you feel creatively confident with your own ideas or need support and inspiration, I keep the groups small so that I can offer individual 1:1 help when you need it.
Cost includes all tuition, use of tools and materials.
Class Size: Max 6 people.
Ideal to give as a gift - I can email you a voucher to print with a unique code.
Day 1 Tutorial- You will learn:
- How to cut, nip, shape and grind glass safely, using different tools for different effects
- About the different types of glass and how they react with light
- Which weather resistant materials are suitable for outside use
- How to lay tesserae (mosaic pieces)How to glue the tesserae to the substrate to avoid grout bleed
Day 2 Tutorial – You will learn
- How to mix and apply grout and clean your piece. (Alternatively, you can take the grout and instruction sheet home for a DIY approach and carry on creating more bunting)
- How to wire your bunting flags
Saturday 21st/ Sunday 22nd March 2020
- Once payment is complete, the gift voucher will be sent to the email through which payment was made. This can be printed off and given to the recipient.
- The gift voucher will have a unique code and will be valid for a year.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The recipient can then contact Primrose Mosaics with the unique number to book up a course date that suits them. Course dates can be viewed on the website, via the courses tab. As vouchers are sold, more course dates will be added, so the recipient will be sure to have a choice of dates to book onto.
- The voucher can only be used once. Primrose Mosaics is not responsible if a gift voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and there is no obligation to replace it in these circumstances.
- Cancellation within 28 days of the course or workshop does not qualify for a refund, unless your place can be filled.
- A full refund will be given if Primrose Mosaics cancels the workshop.
- At our discretion, we may offer a credit note to be used for another course/workshop
If you have any more questions, do get in touch.