Primrose Mosaics: Intermediate Glass Mosaic Worskshop
Unfurling Fern: Swindon, Wiltshire
Friday 12th August 10am-5pm/ Saturday 13th August 10am -1pm
If you have already completed my Beginners Glass Mosaic Workshop and would like to develop your skills to plan and execute a larger, more challenging project, then this is the perfect course for you. Also suitable for those who have had previous experience cutting glass and mosaicing elsewhere or are creatively confident.
You will be given a fern shaped perspex base (approx 18cm x 50cm) which will come ready cut and drilled. We will spend the whole day planning, cutting and gluing your design.
On the second day, we will be grouting, cleaning and attaching your fern to a metal pole. There is also the option of creating a 2nd small fern on day 2 (approx 16cm x 35cm) instead of grouting in the studio and then taking your 2 pieces home with instructions to grout yourself.
All the materials you use will be weather resistant, so your finished fern can be placed outside to brighten your garden all year round.
Cost includes all tuition, use of tools and materials.
Please bring your own lunch.
Day 1 Tutorial- You will learn:
- To explore ways to plan and execute your project.. (I will have plenty of ideas, examples and plans which you can use or adapt, or you can bring your own idea which I can help you execute.)
- Tips and techniques for cutting glass.
- How to lay and glue your tesserae to avoid grout bleed
- How to edge your mosaic for a professional finish.
- To execute your design, with individual help and advice as needed.
Day 2 Tutorial – You will learn
- How to mix and apply grout and clean your piece. (alternatively, you can take the grout and instruction sheet home for a DIY approach)
- How to attach your piece to a predrilled metal pole.
Day 2 - Alternative Option
There is also the option of creating a 2nd small fern on day 2 (approx 16x 35cm) instead of grouting in the studio and then taking your 2 pieces home with instructions to grout yourself (please select from the options menu).
You can also preorder fern bases and poles to mosaic yourself at home - please email me for a pricelist.
Give a gift experience to remember - I can email you a voucher to print with a unique code.