Primrose Mosaics: Beginners Glass Mosaic Workshop
Choice of Hanging Garden Suncatchers Swindon, Wiltshire
Saturday 5th Oct 9:30am-12 noon / Sunday 6th Aug 9:30am-11:30am
If you are new to mosaics and glass cutting…no worries! This beginners' course is ideal for you.
I will be teaching you all the techniques you need to get started using glass to mosaic with.
Once you have practised the basics, you will create your own unique design and hand craft yourself a beautiful hanging suncatcher, using coloured glass and other tesserae of your choice, adhered to a clear perspex base. There is a choice of shapes: hanging pendant, heart, circle, feather or butterfly. It will be weather resistant, so can be hung outside to brighten your garden all year round or also looks great hung inside at a window.
Day 1 Tutorial- You will learn:
- How to cut, nip, shape and grind glass safely, using different tools for different effects
- About the different types of glass and how they react with light
- Which weather resistant materials are suitable for outside use
- How to lay tesserae (mosaic pieces)
- How to glue the tesserae to the substrate to avoid grout bleed
Day 2 Tutorial (optional) – You will learn
- How to mix and apply grout and clean your piece (alternatively, I can grout it for you, or you can take the grout and instruction sheet home for a DIY approach)
- How to hang your piece
Cost includes all tuition, use of tools and materials.
Class Size: Max 6 people
I can promise a friendly and relaxed atmosphere- the perfect opportunity to chill out doing something for yourself for a change! Whether you feel creatively confident with your own ideas or need support and inspiration, I keep the groups small so that I can offer individual 1:1 help when you need it.
It does come with a warning.... and that is mosaic making can be highly addictive, with many students coming back for more sessions!
Ideal to give as a gift - I will email you a voucher to print with a unique code.
Saturday 5th/ Sunday 6th Oct 2019- am
- Once payment is complete, the gift voucher will be sent to the email through which payment was made. This can be printed off and given to the recipient.
- The gift voucher will have a unique code and will be valid for a year.
- The gift voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The recipient can then contact Primrose Mosaics with the unique number to book up a course date that suits them. Course dates can be viewed on the website, via the courses tab. As vouchers are sold, more course dates will be added, so the recipient will be sure to have a choice of dates to book onto.
- The voucher can only be used once. Primrose Mosaics is not responsible if a gift voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission and there is no obligation to replace it in these circumstances.
- Cancellation within 28 days of the course or workshop does not qualify for a refund, unless your place can be filled.
- A full refund will be given if Primrose Mosaics cancels the workshop.
- At our discretion, we may offer a credit note to be used for another course/workshop
If you have any more questions, do get in touch.